Wednesday 18 December 2013

Delivery, Christmas Shopping and McDonalds






I recently had a big online shopping spree, so big I have literally received about five parcels a day this week. Early Christmas presents to me from me. Only joking, most of it is all Christmas presents for friends and family, but a girl has to treat herself every now and then so I invested in a few products. Firstly, I brought the V05 hair care set. As you probably know from my previous post, I am a major hair care freak. I dyed my hair that much I had to get it all cut off so it was should length. Was a very sad day. So, I'm on the road to repair so I can get the long blonde locks I've always wanted (fingers crossed). These products are fab as they all have heat protection in them. The serum is my particular favourite as I can apply it constantly throughout the day. 

I have also recently learned that cleanse, tone and moisture everyday is much better for your skin than using make up wipes and moisturiser. I invested in decent cleanser and toner, but still used a cheap moisturiser. I found Burt's Bee's online and read some positive reviews. It's light, smells good and is also not tested on animals which is good. I already use the Burt Bee's lip balm and love it, and wasn't aware they did a moisturiser so thought I might as well give it a try. 

I also got two new candles! As the rest of the world, I am a sucker for a Yankee Candle, I don't think I have ever found a make of candle which smells as good. My favourite is Pink Sands but I thought I'd buy some which I haven't brought before. Usually, I like a sweet smelling candle that smells good even without lighting it, so the Vanilla Cupcake went down a treat! So vanillary, and it just smells amazing. The Midnight Jasmine is subtle, but still smells great, definitely one for the lounge! 

Finally, my new foundation has come! I tend to buy a lot of foundations because I like testing them out and seeing which ones are best for different occasions. This Clarins Everlasting Foundation is amazing, not only does it smell really good the coverage it pretty impressive! It lasts all day and doesn't look cakey! Definitely in my top 5 foundations! I'd say this is good for the day time when you need maybe a little bit extra coverage, but make sure you go to a Clarins counter so you can get properly matched up!

The rest of my day was spent getting the last few bits for Christmas. I also may have brought a few cat things. Now some would class me as a cat lady, however I see myself as more of a cat lover. I recently brought two kittens with my friend Jordan (we live together) called Harry and Louis (yes, named after One Direction). A very spontaneous purchase, but one that I do not regret. Since we got them we both have gotten just a little obsessed with cat things. We popped into Next to get a gift card, we were just passing the counter and... 

... this happened. I apologise for the poor quality photo, it got taken on Jordan's phone in excitement! Firstly, the iPhone 5 cases are so cute and we just had to get them! The collars match the collars on our kittens, so it was a must buy! The photo frame and postcard inside were brought from Paperchase, the cutest little stationary shop in the world! 



After shopping and crazy cat excitement we sat down in front of the TV to watch Love Actually, and wrap up our families presents. After the stress of wrapping, we thought we deserved a coke from McDonalds as no coke is better than a McDonalds coke! We drove to McDonalds, ordered our cokes, paid, I had a sip of Jordan's coke, which she had been craving for the past three hours, and I swear, no word of a lie, it tasted like a vodka coke triple. It was disgusting, but she refused to go back and complain. On the other hand, mine tasted fine. Lucky me! 

Merry Christmas! 

Alexabelle xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is such a good post! Some of the stuff you got is soo nice!
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Hope you had a good Christmas! xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete