Wednesday 15 January 2014

On Wednesday's we wear pink.


So I may have gotten a little bored of essays and was feeling quite spontaneous and daring, so I dyed my hair pink.
I used the bleach london hair colour in the shade 'Rose'. The instructions read 'massage into hair and leave for fifteen minutes', but I'd recommend sectioning your hair into layers. I followed the instructions and just wacked it on my head and left it for ten mins as I didn't want it too pink, but after I washed it out it was slightly patchy so went back to the shop to get a second bottle. The second time round I did it in layers making sure all ends and roots were covered evenly. This colour is designed to be used on light blonde hair and the more bleach that has been put on your hair in the past the better it takes to it. I found that it took a lot better to the ends of my hair than it did to the roots because the bottom of my hair has been coloured more times than the top. This lasts 2-10 washes (big difference I know), but the downside is that once it begins to fade it goes a bit streaky. I have found if put your hair up it still looks quite pink and the streaky bits blend in a lot better. I will definitely be using this product again in the future but might try out a different colour and do dip dye instead. They come in all sorts of shades from blues, greens, oranges and reds at just £5 a bottle. I picked my up from boots, but you can order it from Bleach London's website too. Here's how my hair turned out.
 I tried to take a selfie and Lou wouldn't leave me alone, (vain cat) so he popped in the pic too. I should've dyed him pink, haha! That'll be my next blog! just kidding.

Hope you enjoyed this post! 
Alexabelle xoxo



1 comment:

  1. i wish soooo ridiculously much i could have pink hair! yours looks beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete