Saturday 8 February 2014

Valentines Day Cupcakes!

Lucky for me I've had thursday, friday, and saturday off to do whatever I want. Mostly I've stayed in bed until 11am and spent the rest of the day glued to the television watching Gossip Girl, (which I've never watched before and am now completely hooked!) But today I thought I'd be a bit more productive and make CUPCAKES! Pink and sparkly in light of the Valentines season. They are a simple sponge cake, with pink butter icing. 

You will need:
125g Plain Flour, 125g Caster Sugar, 225g Unsalted Butter, 200g Icing Sugar, 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp of milk, 200g of Icing Sugar, Pink Gel food colouring, Pink Sprinkles


 Step 1:
Pre Heat the oven to 190 degrees and measure put 125g of butter and 125g of caster sugar and mix in a bowl until light and fluffy.

 Step 2:
Then add the 2 eggs, flour and 2 tbsp's of milk, and whisk together. Once the mixture is smooth and even distribute into cake cases. I used some pale pink ones from ASDA, and also brought some baby cupcake holders.

Step 3: 
Pop in the middle shelf of the oven and leave for twenty minutes. Whilst in the oven put 200g of icing sugar and 100g of butter in a bowl and mix until the mixture is smooth, add a few drops the pink gel icing and fold the colour in. Place the icing in a piping back and leave until the cakes are cooked and cooled.

 Step 4: 
Once the cakes are cool it's time for the fun part, piping. Start from the outside of the cake and twirl inwards finishing in the middle. Add some pink sprinkles for a bit of sparkle, and your Valentines cupcakes are finished.



Taaaa-daaaaaa. So here are my finished products. I've eaten a few without the icing and they tasted pretty good, but I haven't yet tried one with icing, they look far to good to eat. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment